Tel: 0808 178 1179


Am I eligible to join?

All UK residents aged from 16 up to and including 65 years can join. Existing members can continue with us after their 66th birthday on their existing plan at no extra cost.

For more detailed information on the benefits offered by our South Wales Chamber of Commerce scheme, download our brochure here.

Do I have to complete a medical?

No medical examinations are required for you to join. You will need to complete and sign a health declaration when you apply. There is a qualifying period of three months before new members can make a claim and 12 months for known medical conditions at the date of joining.

Is there cover for my partner or children?

Under our Personal Customers Scheme, partners (not relations) and dependent children under 16 years of age and living at the same address as you are covered for hospital in-patient benefits – see the table of benefits in our brochure for details. If more comprehensive partner and child cover is required we will be pleased to arrange this. Please contact our office on Freephone 0808 178 1179 for more information.

How do I claim?

For benefits where you have to pay for the service received, such as dental, optical, medical specialist and therapies please send your receipt to the Fund office and we will arrange payment to you.

Receipts must be original (not copies), identifiable to you and in the case of handwritten or computer generated receipts they must also be signed, dated and stamped by the treatment provider.

For hospital related claims - in-patient, out-patient and day surgery - we provide claim forms which must be dated, signed and stamped by the hospital providing treatment.

With the exception of out-patient claims, for which we allow 12 months from the date of attendance, all claims must be made within three months of discharge from hospital or date of treatment received.

Where can I get a claim form?

Please contact our office for a claim form as soon as you know you are going into hospital. If your admittance is unexpected either ask a relative or friend to obtain a claim form on your behalf or contact us once you are discharged from hospital.

Where can I go for treatment?

Hospital benefit is payable for treatment received at registered UK. hospitals. In-patient benefit is also available for emergency in-patient admission (for the member, partner and child) during temporary absence abroad (on proof of admission and discharge including the dates concerned).
Medical specialist fees are payable for consultation with a medical or surgical specialist holding consultant status in an NHS or registered private hospital in the U.K.

For other benefits where you have to pay for your treatment such as dentists, opticians and therapy providers, the practitioner must be qualified and registered with the appropriate U.K. registered professional body. If in doubt please contact our office for details of the relevant professional bodies.

Can I upgrade my plan?

Yes, for members aged 65 or under, please contact our office to arrange this. Please note hospital benefits will be paid at the original plan benefit level for the first 12 months from upgrading. All other benefits will be available at the upgrade rates three months after upgrading and after 12 months for known medical conditions.

If my company pays into your health plan, can I contribute more and upgrade my plan?

Yes, usually your employer will deduct the extra contributions from your wages and pay direct to us.

Do contributions increase with age?

No. Your contributions will not change with any age increase. Should there be a need to make any changes to our overall contribution and benefit rates you will be given at least one month’s notice, by post, at your address as shown in our records.

Will you recommend health services to me?

You will not receive advice or a recommendation from us for our health plans. You will need to make your own choice about how to proceed.

What do I do if I have a complaint?

If you wish to register a complaint, please contact us either by writing to the Chief Executive, Plutus Health, 13 Cardiff Road, Newport NP20 2EH, or by telephoning 01633 266152.

If you cannot settle your complaint with us, you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service:

South Quay Plaza
183 Marsh Wall,
E14 9SR,
Tel: 0300 123 9123

Switchboard: 020 7964 1000

Who are we regulated by?

Gwent Hospitals Contributory Fund is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
Our register number is 202166. We are required to give this information to you. Please use the information provided to decide if our services are right for you.

You can check our details on the Financial Services Register by visiting their website or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768.

Our commitment to you

We know that the speed, quality of response and simplicity of the application and claim process are important factors in the consideration of health plans.

The Plutus Health aim is to make everything as easy as possible. We are not only committed to providing value for money plans, we are dedicated to giving you excellent service – from the initial application to simple and quick turnaround of qualifying cash benefit payments and long term management of your plan, all at no extra cost to you.

For more detailed information on the benefits offered by our personal scheme, download our brochure here.

For more detailed information on the benefits offered by our corporate scheme, download our brochure here.

For more detailed information on the benefits offered by our Chamber scheme, download our brochure here.




What is a health plan?

What is a health plan?

Find out how health plans work and the benefits they can bring

Learn More


Protect both yourself and your loved ones with our bespoke personal health plans

Explore options


Help your business reap the rewards of a healthy and motivated workforce

Get cover today